Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"NEW" Secretary of DOC Introduces Himself

From:    Wall, Edward F - DOC
Sent:      Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:52 PM
To:         Wall, Edward F - DOC
Subject: Greetings


Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm sure some of you are wondering “who is the new guy”? So here's the short version.......

I'm originally from Connecticut, where I was born and raised. I was a police officer in Meriden, CT. for just under 4 years before going to New Hampshire as a State Trooper for just over 10 years. My wife is from Wisconsin (Madison) and we moved here in 1999 when I was appointed as a Special Agent with DOJ.

I was promoted to Special Agent In Charge of the Investigative Services Bureau  in 2005 and in 2009 Governor Jim Doyle appointed me as the Administrator of Wisconsin Emergency Management based on my work in Homeland Security at DOJ. In 2010, Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen asked me to return to DOJ, where I was named the Administrator of the Division of Criminal Investigation.  I've been a cop for 27 years.

I've been married for 23 years to my wife Debi and we have three children, Caitlin, Emily and Ryan. Just to be clear, I'm not a politician and have never given a dime to politicians. To his credit, Governor Walker never asked about my political or philosophical beliefs, he only asked me to do the best job I could in leading the DOC. With your help, that’s what we’ll try to do.

My leadership philosophy is simple, I've always just tried to do the right thing, for the right reason at the right time. I think if you talk to people I've worked with, they’ll tell you I'm fair, honest, direct to the point, care about people and I don't judge others based on gossip, but rather on their actions. In public safety work, we all will make mistakes because our work is so fluid. Those mistakes should be learning opportunities when possible and not necessarily career definitions.

My intention is to get to all of our institutions to visit with staff as quickly as the schedule will allow. You'll find I'm in the field a lot and prone to stopping by if I'm in the neighborhood. Not to catch anyone by surprise, but just to stay in touch and get a chance to speak to people at all levels and shifts in our 24/7 organization.

I want to thank all of you that took the time to send notes welcoming me to DOC. If you're in the area, please stop by the Central Office cafeteria on Friday, November 2nd from 8:30am to 9:45am for a snack and to say hello. Or if you happen to be around another time and can spare a moment to stop by the office, I’d be grateful for your time.  Thanks for all you do for our state and your patience while schooling up the new guy. Stay safe.

Ed

Edward F. Wall
Wisconsin Department of Corrections
Office: 608-240-XXXX
Cell: 608-219-XXXX
________________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain information belonging to the sender which may be confidential and legally privileged. This information is only for the use of the individual or entity to whom this electronic mail transmission was intended. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the message. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is created to not only keep you informed, but to receive feedback from you as well. Please feel free to comment on any posts. We reserve the right to remove any post we deem inappropriate in language and/or content.