Saturday, March 5, 2011

Great Turnout on Friday & Saturday for the Scott Walker Bus Tours

There is ONLY one more stop for the "Stand with Scott Walker" bus tour and that will be on Sunday, 03/06 at 1:00pm at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison. Doors will open at 12:00pm. If you can make it to join the hundreds and hopefully thousands of opponents to Gov. Walker's budget repair bill, please do so. No one is turned away and as the old saying goes, "the more the merrier".

Here are the numbers of protesters at each of the stops today:

Green Bay = 200+
Rhinelander = 200
Stevens Point = 1,000+
La Crosse = 800

Supporters of Scott Walker were reported in the 20-100 range.

We also received a report that there was 400 demonstrators at the Columbus, WI "Lincoln Day" dinner that did feature Gov. Walker and Senate Majority leader, Scott Fitzgerald.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great time, lots of people, lots of noise, slogan yellling, stuff like that. We yelled SHAME when the supporters drove into the parking lot. cops everywhere. I counted 16 but there probably was more. walker left the party at 6:49pm. they had 3 black suburbans. one stopped infront of us so we could not get to his vehicle. Then the first one took off out of the parking lot with walkers right on its tail. They didnt even stop, just gased it out of the parking lot. By the time to crowd left not a car came out of the parking lot. I stayed behind and backed up against a big pine tree. It had great branches to back into so I blended in as I was wearing my bowhunting winter cammo parka, I could see the rats coming to the door and looking out then going back upstairs. I couls see lots of them stairing out the windows for anyone. Then one car was coming out of the driveway. I set off my flash and the car paniced. they guy just flew straight across the road and up teh street. Next 2 more and I shot them also. they saw teh flash go off and went the other direction from me. They both had blinkers on to turn towards me but chickened out. They made me laugh and sick at the same time. They know what they are doing is wrong so they hid. I left around 7:40

    ReplyDelete

This blog is created to not only keep you informed, but to receive feedback from you as well. Please feel free to comment on any posts. We reserve the right to remove any post we deem inappropriate in language and/or content.